페이지 정보Writer Manager (163.♡.142.137) 댓글 0 조회 8,433 hit 작성일 13-06-18 09:48
GLDC-UNFCCC internship opportunities
This is a call for submission of applications for GLDC-funded internship opportunities to be awarded to and taken up by successfully selected candidates at the secretariat of the United Nations Framework Convention for Climate Change and its Kyoto Protocol (UNFCCC secretariat) in the city of Bonn, Germany. Applications may be submitted directly to the GLDC from 14 June to 24 June 2013 after which applications will be uated based on the eligibility criterias as set out below, and the requirements of the specific Terms of Reference.
Mid-September to mid-November 2013 (for the duration of 3 months):namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O />
UNFCCC secretariat in Bonn, Germany
§ Work fields:
Selected interns may be working in one of the following substantive departments of the UNFCCC secretariat:
- Executive Direction and Management;
- Mitigation and Data Analysis;
- Finance, Technology and Capacity Building;
- Sustainable Development Mechanism.
§ Financial support:
GLDC shall provide a once-off lump sum of KRW 1,500,000.00 to the selected interns to defray living and travel expenses associated with their internship. GLDC will not be responsible for any other expenses the selected interns may need to incur. Interns are not financially remunerated by the UNFCCC secretariat.
Minimum Eligibility Criteria
§ Graduate students coming from least developed, or developing countries*
* For the definition of Least Developed Countries (LDCs) and developing countries, please refer to the list at the link below:
§ All applicants must have completed an undergraduate degree and must be enrolled in a Master degree programme of Korea University at the time of application as well as during the entire period of internship.
§ The applicants’ studies should be associated with one of the following work areas of the UNFCCC secretariat such as economics, environmental sciences, international law, international relations, natural sciences, political science, human resources and/or public administration, event management, IT/computer sciences, communication, etc.
§ Applicants should be able to work in English (oral and written).
1. On the basis of the above minimum eligible criteria, the GLDC will compile an initial list of eligible candidates by uating application documents and conducting interviews.
2. Information and documentation regarding the short-listed candidates will be forwarded to and uated by the respective programmes of the UNFCCC secretariat. GLDC shall notify the short-listed candidates.
3. Further processing and final selection of interns will be made by the UNFCCC secretariat in accordance with relevant rules and regulations. UNFCCC secretariat conditions governing internships can be accessed on its webpage through this link:
※ Selected candidates shall be notified directly by the UNFCCC secretariat. Except as provided herein, all candidates would need to meet the requirements and satisfy the conditions stated on UNFCCC secretariat’s webpage. UNFCCC secretariat will make the final decision on which eligible candidate(s) is/are selected and engaged for the internship at the UNFCCC secretariat headquarters in Bonn, Germany. All candidates selected by the UNFCCC secretariat will need to conclude an Internship Agreement directly with the UNFCCC secretariat.
Eligible applicants interested in participating in an internship funded by the GLDC can apply by submitting the following application documents by 24 June, 2013 via email (email@example.com) or to the GLDC office (#302, Dongwon Global Leadership Hall).
§ Motivation letter
§ Application form (attached)
§ Certificate of enrollment
§ Certificate of English proficiency test
For enquiries about the GLDC-funded Internship Programme, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Attachment. 1. Advertisement for GLDC-UNFCCC internship opportunities
2. Application form